Let's imagine the following: Two people of the same sex, of the same age, same height and even weight, but with completely different lifestyles.
One of them practices physical activity and has healthy, regular and balanced meals, while the other is sedentary, feeds poorly and sleeps poorly.
Although they are of the same weight, they will not have the same body composition.
Surely, the first one has more percentage of muscle mass, while the second one will have more fat.
What is a muscle?
It is a bundle of tissues made up of fibers that contract, stretch, relax, and allow us to perform all the movements of our day to day.
Most of its constitution is protein (actin and myosin) in addition to water.
What is Lean Muscle Mass?
In a very simplistic way, let's talk about lean muscle mass as being the entire amount of muscle in our body, excluding fat, bones, blood, and everything.
- 25 Dukan Pizza Recipes
- 10 Light Chicken Pie Recipes
- 20 Dukan Pancake Recipes
- 10 Recipes from Empadão Light
How to gain lean muscle mass?
First of all, determination! All the excess calories we consume are stored in the body as fat, not muscle.
To increase the amount of muscle, we must decrease the intake of fats and sugars.
It is possible to gain muscle without gaining fat, but for this, good workouts will have to become part of the daily routine.
The total change in eating habits is also key, for that reason, we will suggest some recipes to gain lean muscle mass.
1. Chicken hid
You will need:
- Half a pound of boiled and kneaded potatoes;
- A chicken breast cooked with little salt and shredded;
- 2 boiled and chopped eggs;
- ½ cup cooked corn.
Start by dividing the mashed potatoes into two parts. One will liner the bottom in a non-sticky way. On the potatoes, place the chicken, the eggs and the corn.
Now cover with remaining mashed potatoes.
Next, make a flour with:
- 2 tablespoons light margarine;
- ¾ cup of rolled oats.
This flour should be distributed over the entire surface of the recipe.
Finalize Spreading Cheese Cottage.
Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
2. Nutella protein
Who would have thought you would see this on a list of recipes for lean muscle mass?
You will need:
- 1 cup hazelnuts;
- 1 cup skimmed milk, or soya bean or chestnuts;
- 1 light yoghurt of firm consistency, Greek type;
- ¼ cup cocoa powder;
- 1 scoop of whey protein flavor chocolate;
- 2 sucralose sachets.
Tower the hazelnuts, remove the skins and mash.
Then, with the aid of a mixer, add the milk, yogurt and other ingredients, one by one.
Put in glass with lid and refrigerate.
3. Salmon pudding with broccoli
You will need:
- 200 grams of cooked and shredded salmon;
- 4 tablespoons of chicken baking water;
- 2 tablespoons oats;
- Little salt;
- Broccoli cooked for the filling.
All of these ingredients must pass through the processor. Then, take this dough to the refrigerator for about 40 minutes. It needs to get firmer consistency.
Take non-stick patty cups and put in some dough. Fill with the broccoli and cover with a little more dough.
Bake in medium oven, preheated until golden brown.
4. Anabolic steak
You will need:
- 170 grams of lean meat;
- 220 grams of asparagus;
- 3 slices of purple onion;
- salt and pepper.
These three ingredients should be grilled, to your liking.
Make a little watering with:
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar;
- 1 teaspoon olive oil;
- 1 teaspoon grated light cheese;
Mix the first two ingredients and cover the steak. Next, sprinkle the grated cheese and serve immediately.
5. Spinach salad
Spinach increases muscle strength, so we could not stop including it in those recipes to gain lean muscle mass.
You will need:
- 300 grams of fresh spinach;
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms;
- 100 grams of chopped tomatoes;
- 300 grams of bean sprouts;
- 1 cup cottage cheese;
- ½ cup of sunflower seeds;
- 1 tablespoon olive oil;
- Lemon juice.
Just mix all the ingredients well in a bowl. Next, put salt, olive oil and lemon to season.
As we can see, the recipes for lean muscle mass go way beyond the steak of grilled chicken, sweet potatoes and egg white!
Foods That Help You Gain Lean Muscle
The possibilities are numerous. Choose dishes with the ingredients below. All of them can form recipes to gain lean muscle mass. Avoid fatty or high-sugar ingredients. Try to use little salt to avoid water retention.
- Lean meat:It has all kinds of nutrients that are favorable to muscle growth, including iron, zinc and B vitamins. Most importantly, lean meat will provide the body with high quality protein and amino acids.
- Skinless chicken:Another source of protein par excellence. Obviously the skin should be discarded, otherwise you will also acquire fat mass after ingestion. Chicken meat also helps in training and maintaining the muscles.
- Eggs:The protein present in eggs is of high quality in addition to nine essential amino acids and choline. Contrary to the media's announcement for many years, eggs are not the villains of the diet, nor bad cholesterol.
- Fresh fish:Rich in protein, low in fat and high in omega-3.
- Cottage Cheese Zero Fat:Cottage cheese is a source of pure casein. Casein is a slow-digesting protein, which helps in muscle maintenance. In addition to source of vitamin B12, calcium and other nutrients.
- Oats:It is the best source of carbohydrates because of its low glycemic index, excellent source of fiber, and increases satiety while reducing hunger, helping to burn fat.
- Whole grains:They aid in the digestive process, as well as intestinal emptying, in addition to other benefits, such as in the case of brown rice, which stimulates the formation of lean muscle mass while aiding in fat burning.
- Vegetables and fruits:In addition to vitamins and nutrients, this food group is an excellent source of both soluble and insoluble fibers that help eliminate toxins and make our bowel work easier.
- Good fats:Yes, they exist. Fats of vegetable origin are great and essential for muscle growth. Fats are necessary in the hormonal production process (testosterone and growth hormone), which are responsible for muscle growth. They are present in oilseeds, avocado, seeds and leafy vegetables.
Beware of crazy diets
A lot of people start fad diets, they lose weight and get excited, but actually they are losing muscle and not fat.
To lose fat while gaining muscle mass:
- Decrease total daily calories;
- Pass on at least 1 gram of protein per pound of weight;
- Practice daily, at least 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise.
Over time, the results will begin to appear.
Are you looking to gain muscle? What kind of foods have you consumed daily? Are they correct? Do you know a different recipe? Comment below!(8votes, average:, 3of 5)