Our food interferes throughout our body. The old maxim, "we are what we eat is the truest truth. This factor could compromise our health as a whole, this includes our hair, obviously. When they look ugly, opaque, lifeless, we should not forget that there are foods that strengthen the hair, and can help a lot.
What is our hair made of?
Our hair basically has keratin in its composition (approximately 85%). Keratin is an amino acid, being the main responsible for the whole capillary structure. The rest of it is hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, sulfur, copper, iron, zinc, iodine, other amino acids, some proteins, lipids and water.
The hair is formed by three layers:
- Cuticle - which is its outer layer, thin and colorless. The cuticle is the protective layer of hair;
- Cortex - contains melanin. The color of our strands is determined by melanin;
- Medulla - is the inner layer, responsible for the reflection of light in our wires;
Why is our hair weakened?
In addition to inadequate nutrition, there are other factors that contribute to make our hair ugly and dry. Stress usually causes you to fall.
In addition, hair subjected to excesses of chemicals, such as straighteners, toners, softeners, relaxing, pool chlorine, sea water, etc., get lifeless, weak, dry and tipped double bonds.
However, there are non-dietary factors that can lead to hair loss:
- 9 Best Foods For Hair Loss
- 16 Foods That Make Hair Grow
- Fattening Pantogar?
- 11 Good Hair Care
- Age:As we age, the tendency for our hair to become thinner and thinner increases;
- Genetics:It is one of the most common determining factors, between men and women, for hair loss. Although it is more common among men, it can happen to women;
- Concertina effect:Fattening and slimming repeatedly may lead to hair loss due to dietary imbalances of vitamins and minerals, which will directly reflect on the health of hair;
- Hormonal imbalances:Hormonal changes also directly interfere with the quality of the wires. They may occur due to thyroid dysfunctions, more common in menopause and after pregnancy.
Minerals and hair health
Minerals are very important to maintain the health of our hair. Failure to do so may cause the following symptoms:
- Calcium:Your lack will make you fragile and brittle;
- Zinc:The lack of this mineral will leave the yarn weak, brittle and opaque;
- Manganese:The absence of manganese is directly linked to alopecia, popularly known as hair loss. It is used as an additive during treatments;
- Silicon:Without it, the hair will lose its luster, acquiring an aged and desquamated appearance.
Foods That Strengthen Hair
Before we look for remedies for hair problems, we can try to change our eating habits. Here are some foods that strengthen your hair, and can help a lot.
Being our hair virtually pure protein, your daily intake is crucial to keep you strong. It is easy to notice when the amount of protein is insufficient because the yarn will be dry and brittle. In some cases, the wires may drop quite a bit. Foods that strengthen hair and are good sources of protein are: chicken, fish, dairy products, eggs, vegetables and nuts.
2. Omega 3
It is present in the cells that line our scalp, providing the oiliness that allows its hydration, and avoid its desquamation. It is in the fish like salmon, herring, sardines, etc., and also in avocado, walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
Iron is an important mineral for the construction of red blood cells, which will nourish the hair follicles, strengthening the roots and favoring their growth. When iron levels are low, there will be an interruption in the supply of nutrients to the follicle. This will affect the hair growth cycle, as it can also result in peeling.
Products of animal origin such as red meat, poultry and fish are foods that strengthen the hair by being suppliers of iron.
Vegetarians can increase their iron stores through some vegetables. Among these vegetables we include spinach, broccoli, cabbage and watercress.
4. Zinc and selenium
They are two extremely important minerals in the protection of the scalp. When missing, they will cause the wires to drop. They are in cereals and whole grains, meat, eggs and oysters.
Biotin is vitamin B when soluble in water. Your lack will leave your hair brittle, and you will even notice the falling of the strands. Include biotin-rich foods to your food, such as whole grains, liver, egg yolk, soy, and yeast.
6. Vitamin A
It acts as a kind of natural conditioner. The lack of vitamin A will cause dryness and itching of the scalp, making our hair dry and lifeless. Thanks to it, our sebaceous glands produce the fat necessary for a uniform hydration of our hair. We will have this vitamin in products of animal origin, yellow / orange foods such as carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, etc.
7. Vitamin C
Vitamin C helps in the absorption of iron, so it is well indicated that both are consumed together. Vitamin C is also great for the production of collagen that feeds the wires. The best sources of this antioxidant vitamin are: blueberry, guava, kiwi, orange, papaya, broccoli, papaya, strawberry and sweet potato.
8. Vitamin E
Those rich in vitamin E are also foods that strengthen hair. They will have protective function. We can find it in walnuts, mainly.
Homemade mask for strengthening the hair
In addition to food that strengthens hair to your diet, you can also use a natural and nutritious mask every two weeks.
Do this as follows: prepare a very homogenous mixture using an egg yolk, avocado puree (use about half squeezed avocado) and honey.
Apply on damp hair, gently massaging, while spreading the mask evenly over any hair. Let it acts for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly until the mask is completely removed.
This mask should be made and used immediately. Discard what's left.
Foods that strengthen hair can be a great help, but in cases where there are no significant effects the search for a dermatologist, who can investigate the causes through examinations, and indicate allopathic treatment. appropriate.
Do you believe you need to increase your intake of foods that strengthen your hair? Are your hair falling or drying out too much? Have you ever had any treatment? Comment below.(3votes, average:, 0of 5)