What to do against sagging skin? The answer always seems expensive, not very accessible: creams, long treatments, appliances... It does not always have to be this way. At the first signs of abnormality, arrangements should be made. As in all cases, the sooner you start treatment, the better.
In fact, we do not have to wait until the skin is flabby to begin treating it. We should do this in a preventative way. As? Through food, for example.
There are good tricks that can help a lot, cheap and accessible to all: food. There are foods against sagging skin that may surprise. Let's get this straight.
What is sagging skin?
Our skin is organized by fibers that support it, plus collagen and elastin. When this tissue is subjected to a great distension, the elasticity of these fibers is compromised, resulting in a region without tonicity and with little stiffness. There are two types: muscle and dermal flaccidity.
Anatomically, the skin overlaps the muscles. If this muscle is flaccid, consequently the skin will look like this. Conversely, the reverse is harder to notice. For this reason, people with flaccidity, when doing intense exercises (bodybuilding), will tonify the musculature and considerably improve the picture.
Why does it occur?
Flaccid skin may be caused by genetic, hormonal factors, poor eating habits, physical activity, an exaggerated weight loss process, pregnancy, or age due to loss of bone and muscle mass, Sun in excess, etc.
Who is more prone?
Genetically women are more prone, but men are not exempt.
- 10 Tips on How to Fight Flaccidity
- Does Laser Stretch Marking Work?
- Anti Wrinkle Diet - Good Skin Care Foods
- 15 Rich Foods in Collagen
Older people are usually more susceptible also because they do not produce collagen and elastin, which are the most important fibers to maintain skin tone.
Individuals who have undergone bariatric surgery are also quite prone due to the huge weight loss.
How to avoid it?
Actually, the best thing to do is to try to avoid it, because once installed, your treatment will require a lot of physical effort and food re-education. In addition to intense exercise, it is imperative to completely change the nutritional routine, since food is the basis of the construction of tissues.
What is it to firm the skin?
The collagen. This is the key to having a toned and firm skin. How do we get this collagen?
One important measure is to replenish collagen, so we will need amino acids (the protein constructs), among them lysine, glycine, and proline. In addition, we will need vitamin A and C, and minerals: zinc, manganese, copper and silicon. We should also include the omegas in this list.
If we eat foods with these nutrients daily, we will have a significant improvement of our skin as a whole. From now on, we can formulate a list of foods against sagging skin.
- Lysine:It is important in bone and muscle development. It is present in skim milk, soybeans, poultry, peas, fish, peanuts and egg yolks.
- Glycine:The best food to obtain glycine is colorless gelatin. You can add it daily to the juice, not having to prepare it as dessert. Other important sources of glycine are: sweet potatoes, carrots, eggplant, cassava, pumpkin, beetroot, barley and rye, peas and beans, milk and its derivatives, hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, nuts and the like.
- Proline:We need proline. Let us then look for meats, eggs, fish, milk and derivatives and gelatine. Also in chestnuts, beans, peas, corn, barley and rye, onions, garlic, carrots, eggplant, pumpkin, beetroot, turnip and mushrooms.
- Vitamin A:Vitamin A helps repair the damage done to skin cells. We will find in foods like carrots, sweet potatoes, milk and egg yolk.
- Vitamin C:It is directly linked to the prevention by damages caused by the Sun. It is present in citrus stems (lemon, orange, acerola, guava, pineapple, kiwi, strawberry), tomatoes and broccoli.
- Zinc:Where to find zinc? In oysters and shrimp, in meats, in fish, whole grains, nuts, vegetables and tubers.
- Manganese:We will find manganese in apricots, oats, soy, watercress, peaches, almonds, meats, beans, spinach, bananas, lettuce, carrot, celery, chicory, and fresh plums.
- Copper:It is present in veal liver, beef liver, oysters, cashews, hazelnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, whole grains and chocolate.
- Silicon:The mineral that directly helps in rejuvenation. We'll need to pick it up on oats, barley, wheat, rice, corn, chicken and their kids, vegetables, seafood and seaweed.
- Fatty acids:The omegas help to retain moisture, therefore, the skin remains more hydrated, keeping its tone better. We will find the omegas in foods like cold water fish and linseed oil.
- Does bridal sleep prevent sagging in breasts?Do not.
- Will ribbons cause abdominal sagging to disappear?Do not. The straps will do a local compression, preventing the flaccid skin from being exposed, however, when removing the strap, the problem did not cease to exist.
- Do shorts modellers work against sagging skin?Do not. They will have the same palliative effect as the straps. They can not reconstruct the fibers that support the tissues.
- Do creams against sagging skin regain tissue?Do not. The creams help to moisturize the skin, and may possibly recover your tonus slightly, but eliminating the sagging of a very flaccid skin is not merit of any cream until today.
It is important to nourish our cells as a whole. The more hydrated the skin is, the greater its elasticity, and the less prone to sagging, so let's drink water.
It will not do any good to control the feeding if there is already an excess of skin left over. In some cases, bodybuilding may help a lot, however, in extreme cases, such as bariatric surgery, even with surgery.
Healthy habits will always be the answer to any possible problem, be it aesthetic or not. If it is not possible to eliminate sagging of the skin completely through feeding, at least we can minimize its evolution to a larger problem.
Have you bothered too much about sagging skin? In your case, what must have been the reason? Which foods from the above do you need to eat more often? Comment below!(19votes, average:, 1of 5)