Nutrients such as vitamins and minerals are already well known for their numerous health benefits and also for their fundamental metabolic functions. Many of these nutrients can also act expressively in improving physical aspects, helping to give more life and more health to skin and hair, for example. Using vitamin E for the hair is a powerful weapon, being part of many products in the area of beauty.
Know below 6 benefits of vitamin E for hair and learn more about this vitamin that has several properties to improve your health and well-being.
What is Vitamin E?
Vitamin E is a fat soluble vitamin that is essential for the body and is present in many foods, being quite abundant in nature. It is absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, joining later on the betalipoproteins present in the blood and being stored in all the tissues of the human body, especially the adipose tissues. This vitamin has a hepatic metabolism, being eliminated by the bile and renal pathways.
Vitamin E deficiency is quite rare, but it can happen due to nutritional problems, in cases of malabsorption syndrome, in children with congenital disorders such as cystic fibrosis or biliary atresia, in addition to being quite common in premature and low Weight. Liver or gallbladder disorders can also compromise the absorption of this nutrient, increasing the risk of development of this vitamin deficiency.
Vitamin E has many functions and properties, participating in the most varied metabolic processes. Here are some of its main functions:
- It has antioxidant action:Vitamin E is one of the most important antioxidant vitamins. It acts in the elimination of free radicals, inhibiting the formation of the same and also avoiding its harmful effects on the body, acting as antioxidant. It also helps to prevent the oxidation of body fat by participating in the body's protection system, especially in defense performed by plasma membranes in cells, helping to maintain all functions cell phones.
- Prevents cardiovascular diseases:This vitamin is also essential to improve the circulatory system, preventing various cardiovascular diseases. Vitamin E helps in the formation of red blood cells, protecting them from hemolysis, in addition to dilation of the blood vessels, preventing the formation of clots within the system circulatory.
- Strengthens the immune system:Among the many benefits of vitamin E is the maintenance of the immune system. Several researches show the importance of this nutrient in the recovery of patients with immunity weakened by various diseases or even due to aging.
- Improves skin health:Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that works by blocking the free radicals that cause premature aging. Used in cosmetics for application to the skin, this vitamin can prevent the formation of wrinkles, both with reduction of the free radicals in the cells as well as the increase in collagen production, helping to increase the elasticity of the skin.
What are the benefits of vitamin E to hair?
Vitamin E has a huge application in cosmetic products due to its properties for the skin and the hair. This vitamin comprises a group of eight compounds that include tocopherols and tocotrienois. Some foods rich in vitamin E are olive oil, coconut oil, spinach, sunflower seeds, avocados, wheat germ, walnuts and whole grains.
Vitamin E can be purchased as pure oil or in capsules, which can be used in home treatments. In addition, vitamin E can be found in several products, among them creams, sunscreens, moisturizers, among many others.
- 7 Benefits of Vitamin E - For Which Serves and Sources
- Vitamin A for Acne Works?
- Vitamin K - For What It Is, Foods and Benefits
- 12 Benefits of Siriguela - Serves and Properties
Here are 6 benefits of vitamin E for hair:
1. Stimulates hair growth
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that can act by repairing and rebuilding tissues. When applied on the scalp, it helps reduce inflammation and promotes repair of damage to the follicles. When the follicles are healthier, this favors the growth of new hair.
2. Improves blood circulation
One of the great benefits of vitamin E for hair is the improvement of blood circulation in the hair region. It helps to increase blood vessels, avoiding circulation problems and preventing the development of clots. When there is better blood circulation, the hair will receive more nutrients, ensuring healthier hair follicles and improving hair growth.
3. Helps balance pH
One of the main causes of hair loss is excessive oil production and imbalance of pH in the scalp. When the scalp tissue is resected, the sebaceous glands produce more oil than normal, causing the hair follicles to become blocked, causing hair loss and dandruff. Taking vitamin E for hair improves tissue moisture, reducing oil production by glands and balancing pH levels.
4. Has antioxidant action
Vitamin E is an excellent antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals that can and hair, keeping the follicles free from any damage, preventing cracks and thread.
5. Helps to recover damaged wires
With the abuse of thermal boards and chemicals for treatments, hair can become quite damaged and with double ends. Vitamin E can reverse damage to the hair, working with a conditioner, helping to moisturize and nourish the hair, and treat double ends.
6. Increases hydration and softness of wires
With high moisturizing power, vitamin E can be used in capillary masks and in conjunction with other products for hydration, maintaining the health of the threads and also aiding in the tenderness and recovery of the threads damaged.
How to use vitamin E for hair?
There are many ways to take advantage of the benefits of vitamin E to hair, whether it is improving including sources of this nutrient, or even using products containing this vitamin to perform applications in the areas affected. Here are some tips on how to use vitamin E for your hair:
- Eat foods rich in vitamin E
Foods like broccoli, spinach, walnuts and peanut paste are rich in vitamin E and can be easily inserted into meals. Studies suggest a daily intake of at least 15 mg of this vitamin to obtain greater benefits, helping both hair repair and improving health.
- Make a capillary treatment with vitamin E
Research shows that applying vitamin E oil can help treat dry hair and repair damaged hair. Use one or two capsules, depending on the length of the hair. It can be blended with moisturizing creams to facilitate application on the wires. Spread homogenously and leave for at least 30 minutes, then remove with water.
- Use daily vitamin E
It is also possible to use products containing vitamin E in the day to day. There are shampoos, conditioners, moisturizing creams, all containing this nutrient. This facilitates the use of the same and the application thereof can be interspersed with carrying out a deeper treatment once a week.
Vitamin E is a fat soluble vitamin that is essential for the body and is present in many foods, being quite abundant in nature. It has numerous benefits for the human body and is widely used in the cosmetic area due to its properties.
Vitamin E for hair can be applied through specific products or in a homemade way, helping in hair growth, repairing the hair and also promoting greater hydration.
Have you used any vitamin E product for your hair? What do you think of the benefits of vitamin in that sense? Comment below!(6votes, average:, 7of 5)