Brazil is one of the countries that is at the top of the ranking when it comes to cosmetic procedure. Many are the professionals focused on this area of specialization who are trained every year as well such as the clinics that are found at each corner and the interest of the population for this segment alone grow up.
Aesthetic and plastic surgery clinics fill the eyes of many women who can unfold to get the money to perform a procedure that makes them younger or more beautiful. The vanity and ideal of beauty propagated by the media influence this incessant search for the beauty and maintenance of the visual youth.
In addition to liposuction and other surgeries aimed at obtaining a perfect body, some other procedures are in high lately, as the most varied types of facial peeling. This technique promises to leave the woman with a smooth, peachy, unblemished and very younger and healthier and that is why many older women look for all those of facial peeling.
Indications of facial peeling
The facial peeling is widely used because it does not offer many risks, and the main one is to avoid sun exposure after the procedure. In addition, the indications are related to the choice of a professional, reliable, that can perform the peeling without interfering in the health of the client.
There are many types of facial peeling currently in the dermatological market and this is due to the different skin types and specificities of each person. There are specific peels for light skin and others for dark skin, for example, and it is important to be aware of these differences to choose the best choice for your skin.
The facial peeling procedure, in general, consists of using chemical substances, abrasive or laser, on the skin of the face to reduce blemishes, improve elasticity and aging precocious. It indicates two to three sessions of superficial peeling to obtain some result. The specialists recommend the realization of the superficial peeling, because it despairs little and lessens the skin. The results can be slightly observed already in the first session with a more intense skin brightness and a softer texture.
Depth levels of peeling
The peeling can vary depending on the depth with which it interferes with the skin. The peeling called level 1 is the most superficial of all and is indicated for women with dull, dry and battered skins. Already level 2 is indicated for women who have superficial spots on the skin, wrinkles and acne. Level 3 is medium and aimed at women with more obvious blemishes, wrinkles, acne scars, and rash marks on the face. Level 4 is the last level and considered deep for those women with already aging skin and poorly cared for and with scars of very deep spines.
- What is the Best Way to Remove Stretch Marks?
- Facial Lymphatic Drainage - Benefits and How To
- Carboxytherapy - Side Effects and Care
- Carboxitherapy For Stretch Marks - How It Works
Types of facial peeling
There are basically three types of facial peeling that fall into the categories: chemical, performed through chemical substances, such as own name already says; mechanic, who uses homemade recipes like diamond-tipped sanding and microdermabrasion; and the physical, which is usually the laser. However, within each category there may be variations of peeling based on the use of different resources and mechanisms.
- Chemical peeling
It consists of the application of chemical substances of variable depth, generally an agent with exfoliating effect. It aims to rejuvenate the skin, improve texture and natural coloring, as well as reduce wrinkles. It should be performed by a medical professional and requires care during and after the procedure.
The recovery takes on average a week in the medium depth peeling and, in that time, what can occur is the skin to become a little reddish, beyond the normal, but without causing pain. It is important to avoid intense natural and also artificial sun exposure by using sunscreen both inside and outside the home.
- Organic or enzymatic peels
Enzymes are proteins formed by chains of amino acids linked by peptide bonds. They speed up reactions and act as biological catalysts. The most used in cosmetic applications are: proteases that promote cell renewal, oxidative reductases that fight against free radicals and protect the skin from aging; amylases responsible for breaking the links of polysaccharides from metabolites of pathogenic microorganisms rendering the soils more easy to remove, lispases that reduce fat nodules; alkaline phosphatase which enhances cell metabolism and reduces small wrinkles, hyaluronidase promotes reabsorption of excess liquid and reduces cellulite, lysozyme that has anti-bactericidal action and DNA repair enzymes that repair the DNA of radiation actions ultraviolet.
The latest trends in this segment work in the field of DNA repair and consequently reduce stains that appear due to exposure to the sun, which include photoaging and cancer of skin.
- Mechanical Peeling
It is one of the more targeted options for those who have very deep and deep acne scars. Many people can use the mechanical peeling followed by the chemical to enhance the effects and results.
- Laser or chemical peeling
Similar to peelings made with acids, the difference from laser is that it has a much faster and deeper effect on the skin. The incidence of light on the skin removes the superficial layer and promotes intense scaling, improving the production of collagen. The skin becomes firmer and without blemishes. The procedure lasts about 1h30, different from that with acid that is very fast, only 5 minutes. Also usually has the price much higher than the chemical peel.
List of facial peeling types most performed
- Chemical peeling with retinoic acid:It is also used to combat stretch marks, as it promotes a skin peeling and constant, causing it to renew and form collagen frequently, visibly improving the appearance of the skin.
- Chemical peeling with glycolic acid:In addition to the face, it can also be used on the hands and neck. It has the function of making the skin softer and smoother wrinkles as well as in improving sun spots and acne.
- Chemical peeling with salicylic acid:It is indicated for those who want to lighten the skin, reduce the amount of wrinkles on the face and treat comedones. An alcohol solution followed by neutralization with water is used. The procedure can be repeated between 2 and 4 weeks and usually generates a peeling from the 4th day after the procedure and lasts until the tenth day.
- Crystal Peeling:Treats scars, stretch marks and flaccid skin. It is used on the face making the skin more shiny, silky and more vigorous. Aluminum oxide crystals with coagulant properties are used which improve the health of the skin in general. In addition to the face, it can be used on legs, thighs, back, arms and hands.
- Amazon Peeling:The name is explained because this peeling is elaborated based on herbs, roots and plants found in Brazilian soil. It is rich in tropical fruit enzymes as well as organic acids that combine enzymatic, chemical and mechanical action. Because it is a natural method, it is one of the most indicated, because it does not cause reactions like redness of the face, neither peels nor irritates the skin. The procedure acts directly on the elimination of the dead tissues from the face and can be applied at a more superficial or more intense depth, depending on the objective. It is advised for people with wrinkles, dry skin, acne and blemishes.
- Diamond Peeling:It is used as a microdermabrasor and for thicker skins, since it is a more intense procedure. This procedure removes the outer layer of the skin without leaving the skin red. Soon after the first session it is possible to perceive a softer and softer skin. Stimulates skin renewal by increasing the production of collagen that renews skin cells. In addition to acne, keloids, it is also used to reduce marks of surgical scars.
- Ablative Laser:Suitable for women with deep wrinkles, acne scars or looking for facial skin rejuvenation. It precisely removes the skin layer. It removes layer by layer of tissues until reaching the younger skin, so the delay in the procedure and the noticeable result at the end of the first session.
- Laser peeling with pulsed light:Acts directly on the epidermis and dermis reducing the spots and vessels of the skin. In addition, it also increases the production of collagen and strengthens the existing fibers. Skin, texture and tone of the skin improve considerably. The procedure is performed from 4 to 6 sessions for a more efficient result. An interval of 3 to 4 weeks should be given at each new session so as not to injure the skin. It can be intercalated, in the meantime, with superficial peeling sessions that are less intense and, therefore, do not interfere with the skin.
- Vegetable peeling:The vegetable peeling, called gommage, is a new method of exfoliation that regenerates the cells of the epidermis using natural ingredients. It is applied on the skin and massaged for about 20 minutes so as to react on the skin. The area is then covered with bandages for 40 minutes, at which time a slight sting may be felt on the face. The skin is a reddish color that lasts about 2 days. After that, the skin becomes thinner and pink. In the treatment, vasodilation and cellular activation are promoted. It can be performed by women with any type of skin. It is a natural product that takes oats and rice starch and is rich in vitamins, aiming to nourish the skin in depth. It can be applied to the face or other regions of the body. Other products can be combined with this procedure to bring specific results accordingly. with the goals of each client, such as ginseng tonic lotion or blue moisturizing cream, among others.
Contraindications and precautions
The contraindications of the facial peeling are: pregnancy, neurotic stress and excoriation, use of isotretioine for peeling medium and deep, poor healing, keloid formation, history of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation permanent. The complications are related to the non-follow-up of the guidelines in the post-procedure or by the inexperience of the professional of the area. The superficial can hardly cause problem, but the medium can cause scars and even systemic reactions. Infections of lesser or greater degree may also occur, depending on the situation.
Avoid buying homemade peels sold in pharmacies, which can cause skin irritation. The ideal is to always perform this type of procedure with guidance from your dermatologist. Performing the procedure during the winter can also be a good idea, since the sun is weaker and the skin will not be so exposed to solar radiation, remembering that even artificial light radiation can cause problems. Sunscreen should be used frequently and in any situation, whether day or night, inside or outside the home.
To use makeup, be careful as it can cause strong allergic reactions; To avoid these problems, get hypoallergenic makeup. To prevent stains, acne or other problems from appearing again after a time of the procedure, it is important to be more careful with the skin, balancing the feeding, using a protector frequently, performing deep cleaning of the skin constantly, using hypoallergenic make-up and removing all the rest at the end of the day and moisturizing the skin.
What types of facial peeling did you already know? Do you feel like doing some? Do you think your face really needs such a procedure? Comment below.(7votes, average:, 1of 5)