Torticollis - What It Is, Symptoms and Treatmentsthis condition. In addition, theTorticollisis typically characterized by pain and difficulty in moving the neck, especially when it comes to turning the head to one side. OTorticollismay also be accompanied by a headache, sore throat, shoulder pain and / or arm pain, and make it very difficult for the individual to move the neck and look sideways or behind.
OTorticollisis a problem popularly known, so when one asks what it is, soon the listener or reader associates with the locking of the neck. And this is correct, theTorticollisconsists of the rigid torsion caused by the contraction, with or without spasms, of the left or right sternocleidomastoid muscle. With this, the neck is positioned to a specific side, the head is tilted to one side and the chin to the other, with difficulty of rotation to the other side and back.
Causes of Torticollis:The most common causes ofTorticollisinclude, but are not limited to, the following conditions:
READ ALSO ↓↓:
- Men last MORE than, hours on the bed using this Daily ...
- Woman Slims 2, kg and tells her story in Well Being ...
- Woman Reveals How She RECOVERED Desire In Bed And Shocked The ...
- How to Have Erections 3X MOST POWERFUL without Medication, 00% Natural ...
- Compound that "Seca Barriga" and Tira Swelling Vira Febre in São Paulo!
- Do you want to eliminate CELULITES? This was done for YOU ...
Muscle strain or sprain:The causes ofTorticollisThe most common are muscular tensions, particularly in the scapula lifter. In the back and lateral of the neck, the raised muscle of the scapula connects the cervical spine (neck) with the shoulder. This muscle is controlled by the third and fourth cervical nerves (C3, C4). The lifter muscle can be filtered or sprained several times during common daily activities such as:
- Sleep in a position that emphasizes the muscles of the neck;
- Any activity that involves rotating the head several times from one side to another, such as swimming or stroke;
- Poor posture, like slouching, while watching the computer monitor;
- Too much stress, which can lead to tension in the neck;
- Keep the neck in an abnormal position for a long time, such as holding a phone between the neck and shoulder.
Meningitis or Infection:OTorticollisin combination with a high fever, headache, nausea or vomiting, drowsiness and other symptoms may be indicative of meningitis, bacterial inflection causes the protective membranes of the brain and spinal cord to stop of swelling. Other infections can also causeTorticollis, such as meningococcal disease, an infection in the cervical spine. Each time theTorticollisis accompanied by a fever, he should seek immediate medical attention to check these possibilities..
Cervical Spine Disorders:Many problems can causeTorticolliscervical. Stiffness may be a reaction to the underlying disease in the cervical spine. For example, a cervical disc herniation or cervical arthritis can lead to neck stiffness, such as neural structures and pathways of the cervical spine are all interconnected, a problem in any area can lead to muscle spasms and muscle stiffness.
Symptoms of Torticollis:The symptoms usually last a couple of days or a week and can cause sore throats ranging from a little painful, but irritating to extremely painful and limiting. Although there are some cases in which neck stiffness is a sign of a serious medical condition, most episodes of acute orTorticollisheal quickly because of the nature of the neck and cervical recovery.
The main signs and symptoms of aTorticollisinclude:.
- Limitation of head movements;
- Head tremor;
- Neck ache;
- Higher shoulder on one side of the body;
- Stiffness of the muscles of the neck;
- Swelling of the neck muscles.
Treatments for torticollis:As a general rule, you should seek medical attention if symptomsTorticollisdo not disappear after a week. Immediate medical attention is recommended if neck stiffness is observed after a traumatic injury, or if there are additional nasty symptoms such as high fever.
In most cases, theTorticolliscan be treated within a few days and it is advisable to program the methods mentioned above.
READ ALSO ↓↓:
- Do You Want to GORE and LOSE BELLY in a Natural and Healthy Way?
- Chia: What's the use? How to use? How I lost 10kg in 3 days!
- Man Shows how you did to REVERTER Baldness in 30 days!
- Erectile Dysfunction? End Erectile Dysfunction and Impotence Naturally
- Globe Actress Reveals How She Gained 15kg in 4 Weeks and Is Successful!
- Men, Do This And You Will not Need The Blue Pill ...
The main treatment forTorticollisis given through the relaxation of the neck muscles, which involve medications, physical therapy, stretching exercises and also surgery.
- Applying heat, cervical spine traction and massage can help relieve pain in the head and neck;
- Stretching exercises and neck rests can help with muscle spasms;
- Botulinum toxin injections can relieve theTorticollistemporarily, but it is usually necessary to repeat them every three months;
- Surgery to correct neck muscle can be performed in the preschool years if other methods of treatment fail.
LEAVE YOUR COMMENT!
YOU NEED TO SEE THIS:.