Nystagmus - What It Is, Symptoms and Treatmentsthis condition. In addition, theNystagmusis an ocular problem in which repetitive and involuntary eye movements occur. The movements can be either vertical, horizontal or circular. They make vision difficult, especially the focus of some object or thing, in addition to often cause imbalance, nausea and vertigo.
ONystagmuscan reach both eyes or just one and is almost uncontrollable. Two forms of the disorder are found: the firstNystagmusand the second ofNystagmusacquired. This second form of the disease may be a sign of a more dangerous disease, such as head trauma, stroke, or toxicity, which is related to drug use. That is why when we feel some symptoms of this ocular dysfunction, we should go to the ophthalmologist and the specialized professionals.
Causes of Nystagmus:ONystagmusis caused by a neurological problem that is present at birth or develops in early childhood. ONystagmusacquired, which occurs later in life, may be the symptom of another condition or disease such as stroke, multiple sclerosis or trauma.
READ ALSO ↓↓:
- Men last MORE than, hours on the bed using this Daily ...
- Woman Slims 2, kg and tells her story in Well Being ...
- Woman Reveals How She RECOVERED Desire In Bed And Shocked The ...
- How to Have Erections 3X MOST POWERFUL without Medication, 00% Natural ...
- Compound that "Seca Barriga" and Tira Swelling Vira Febre in São Paulo!
- Do you want to eliminate CELULITES? This was done for YOU ...
Other causes ofNystagmusinclude:
- Lack of development of normal control of ocular movement in early life;
- Very high refractive error, for example myopia or astigmatism;
- Congenital cataract;
- Inflammation of the inner ear;
- Medications as anti-epilepsy drugs;
- Diseases of the central nervous system.
Symptoms of Nystagmus:The main symptom ofNystagmusis the rapid movement of the eyes that can not be controlled. Usually the movement is side by side. It can also be up and down or circular. The movement can vary between slow and fast, and usually happens in both eyes..
In addition to rapid eye movement, the symptoms ofNystagmusinclude:.
- Sensitivity to light;
- Difficulty in seeing in the dark;
- Vision problems;
- Holding the head in a rotated or inclined position;
- The feeling that the world is shaking.
Diagnosis of Nystagmus:The diagnosis ofNystagmuscan be done through a comprehensive eye examination. Test theNystagmus, with special emphasis on how the eyes move, may include:
Patient's history to determine the symptoms the patient is experiencing and the presence of health problems, medications taken or environmental factors that may be contributing to symptoms..
- Measurements of visual acuity to assess the extent to which vision can be affected.
- A refraction to determine the proper lens power needed to compensate for any refractive error (myopia, hyperopia or astigmatism).
- By testing how the eyes focus, move and work together.
To get a clear and unique picture of what is being seen, the eyes should effectively shift focus, move, and work in unison. This test will look for problems that affect eye movement control or make it difficult to use both eyes together.
OnceNystagmusis often the result of other underlying health problems, your optometrist may refer you to your primary care physician or other medical specialist for further testing. Using the information obtained from the test, your optometrist can determine if you haveNystagmusand advise you on treatment options.
Treatments for Nystagmus:While glasses and contact lenses do not correctNystagmus, can sometimes improve vision. The use of large books, augmentation devices and augmented lighting may also be helpful..
Some types ofNystagmusduring childhood. Rarely, surgery is performed to change the position of the muscles that move the eyes. Although this surgery does notNystagmus, this can reduce how much a person needs to turn their heads for better vision..
READ ALSO ↓↓:
- Do You Want to GORE and LOSE BELLY in a Natural and Healthy Way?
- Chia: What's the use? How to use? How I lost 10kg in 3 days!
- Man Shows how you did to REVERTER Baldness in 30 days!
- Erectile Dysfunction? End Erectile Dysfunction and Impotence Naturally
- Globe Actress Reveals How She Gained 15kg in 4 Weeks and Is Successful!
- Men, Do This And You Will not Need The Blue Pill ...
If another health problem is causing theNystagmus, your optometrist will often work with your primary care physician or other medical specialists to address that underlying cause..
LEAVE YOUR COMMENT!
YOU NEED TO SEE THIS:.