Endocrine Goiter - What It Is, Symptoms and Treatmentsof this condition that few know. In addition, theEndemic Goiteris an enlarged thyroid gland, which produces a swelling in the neck that does not correspond to an inflammation or cancer. Your thyroid is a gland found in your neck just below Adam's apple. It secretes hormones that help regulate bodily functions, including metabolism, the process that turns food into energy.
It also regulates heart rate, breathing, digestion and mood. A condition that increases the size of the thyroid is called goiter. A goiter can develop in anyone, but it is more common in women. Sometimes it affects how the thyroid works.
Causes of Endemic Goiter:Iodine deficiency is the main cause ofEndemic Goiter. Iodine is essential to help your thyroid produce thyroid hormones. When you do not have enough iodine, the thyroid works too hard to make thyroid hormone, causing the gland to grow..
READ ALSO ↓↓:
- Men last MORE than, hours on the bed using this Daily ...
- Woman Slims 2, kg and tells her story in Well Being ...
- Woman Reveals How She RECOVERED Desire In Bed And Shocked The ...
- How to Have Erections 3X MOST POWERFUL without Medication, 00% Natural ...
- Compound that "Seca Barriga" and Tira Swelling Vira Febre in São Paulo!
- Do you want to eliminate CELULITES? This was done for YOU ...
Other Causes of Endemic Goiter Include the following:
- Graves Disease: Graves' disease occurs when your thyroid produces more thyroid hormone than normal, which is known as hyperthyroidism. Excessive production of hormones makes the thyroid increase in size.
- Hashimoto's disease:When you have Hashimoto's disease, the thyroid does not produce enough thyroid hormone, causing hypothyroidism. The low thyroid hormone causes the pituitary gland to make more thyroid stimulating hormone, which causes the thyroid to swell.
- Inflammation:Some people develop thyroiditis, an inflammation of the thyroid can cause aEndemic Goiter.
- Nodules:Solid or fluid-containing cysts can appear in the thyroid and cause it to swell. These nodules are often non-cancerous.
- Thyroid Cancer:Cancer can affect the thyroid, which causes swelling on one side of the gland. Thyroid cancer is not as common as the formation of benign nodules.
- Pregnancy:Being pregnant can sometimes make the thyroid bigger.
Symptoms of Endemic Goiter:The primary symptom ofEndemic Goiteris a noticeable swelling in the neck. If you have lumps in your thyroid, they can range in size from very small to very large. The presence of nodules may increase the appearance of swelling..
Other Endemic Goiter Symptoms Include the following:.
- Difficulty in swallowing or breathing;
- Hoarseness in your voice;
- Dizziness when you lift your arm above your head.
Endemic Goiter Diagnosis:Your doctor will check for swelling of the neck to diagnose theEndemic Goiter. They will also request a series of diagnostic tests that include the following:
- Bloodtests:Blood tests may detect changes in hormone levels and increased production of antibodies, which are produced in response to an infection or injury.
- Scanning of Thyroid:Your doctor can order thyroid scans. These scans show the size and condition of your goiter.
- Ultrasound:An ultrasound produces images of your neck, the size of your goiter and whether there are nodules. Over time, an ultrasound may show changes in nodules and goiter.
- Biopsy: Biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of small samples of thyroid tissue. Samples are sent to a laboratory for examination.
Risk Factors of Endemic Goiter:You may be at risk ofEndemic Goiterif you:.
- You have a family history of thyroid cancer, lumps, and other problems that affect thyroid.
- You do not get enough iodine in your diet.
- You have a condition that decreases iodine in your body.
- For woman. Women are at higher risk ofEndemic Goiterthan men.
- For over 40 years. Aging can affect thyroid health.
- You are pregnant or experiencing menopause. These risk factors are not easily understood, but pregnancy and menopause can trigger thyroid problems.
- You have radiation therapy to your neck or chest. Radiation can change the way your thyroid works.
READ ALSO ↓↓:
- Do You Want to GORE and LOSE BELLY in a Natural and Healthy Way?
- Chia: What's the use? How to use? How I lost 10kg in 3 days!
- Man Shows how you did to REVERTER Baldness in 30 days!
- Erectile Dysfunction? End Erectile Dysfunction and Impotence Naturally
- Globe Actress Reveals How She Gained 15kg in 4 Weeks and Is Successful!
- Men, Do This And You Will not Need The Blue Pill ...
Treatments for Endemic Goiter:Your doctor will decide on a course of treatment based on the size and condition of yourEndemic Goiterand symptoms associated with it. The treatment is also based on health problems that contribute to theEndemic Goiter.
- Medicines:If you have hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism, medications to treat these conditions may be enough to shrink aEndemic Goiter. Medications (corticosteroids) to reduce your inflammation can be used if you have thyroiditis.
- Surgeries:Surgical removal of your thyroid, known as thyroidectomy, is an option if your thyroid gland grows too much or does not respond to medication therapy.
- Radioactive Iodine:In people with toxic multinodular confections, RAI may be needed. RAI is ingested orally, and then travels to your thyroid through your blood, where it destroys excess tissue.
- Home Care:Depending on your type ofEndemic Goiter, you will need to increase or decrease your home's iodine intake. If oneEndemic Goiteris small and does not cause any problems, perhaps no treatment is needed.
LEAVE YOUR COMMENT!
YOU NEED TO SEE THIS:.