The salad is a very useful and versatile dish for everyday meals. We can make salad only with vegetables, salad with meat, salad with egg and fruit salad. Such versatility allows us to assemble varied recipes, with different groups of foods, resulting in a nutritious dish.
Salads are also the highlight of a number of dietary programs, which can be categorized as a salad diet to slim down. Let's meet some of them?
Lettuce salad diet
The first dietary salad diet alternative that we bring is the lettuce salad diet.
The method is divided into 5 steps and promises to eliminate 6 kg within 11 days if properly followed. These phases include a process of transition from a normal diet to a diet based only on the consumption of lettuce, followed by the return to the usual meals.
- See too:Benefits of lettuce for health and fitness.
The steps are divided as follows:
- Step 1
It lasts two days and is considered an accommodation phase. Here, the determination is to change breakfast by eating half a lettuce and a cup of black coffee without sugar, without any other kind of accompaniment. Before taking this meal, one should drink a full glass of water.
- The Lettuce Diet To Lose Weight - How It Works And Tips
- Does the Vono Soup Diet Slim? How It Works, Menu and Tips
- 10 Detox Juice Recipes With Lettuce To Lose Weight
- Calories from Lettuce - Types, Portions and Tips
It is important to know that the lettuce should be prepared in the following way: wash well leaf by leaf, cut into small pieces of salt and to season with salt to taste, lemon juice and chopped fresh herbs like parsley and dill, for example.
The other meals of the day should be made in the usual way, but they should not be healthy, nutritious, controlled and balanced.
- Step 2
The duration is also two days, however, in addition to breakfast, dinner should also be replaced by lettuce salad. It should be prepared in the same way as in the first step and can not be followed up with any other type of food.
- Step 3
This stage is very restrictive, lasts three days and determines the consumption of the lettuce salad - and no other food - in all meals, as much as you wish, in a kind of salad diet at will, but only with lettuce.
To make things less tedious and tedious, it is recommended to use different variations of lettuce for meals such as crisp lettuce, American lettuce, beet lettuce, flat lettuce, mimosa lettuce, lettuce and lettuce purple
- Step 4
It lasts two days and marks the beginning of returning to a normal diet. It is similar to the second phase: the breakfast and dinner menu consists of lettuce salad taught in phase 1 and other meals of the day are made in the usual way.
- Step 5
It should also be followed for two days and is identical to the first phase of the food program, in which the salad of lettuce, which may be accompanied by only one cup of black coffee, is consumed in place of breakfast habitual.
This diet can be dangerous, especially its third stage, in which the person needs to spend three days eating only lettuce. This is because it does not allow meals to be balanced and nutritious. Even though lettuce provides nutrients, it brings only part of them and is not able to sustain the nutritional needs of the body as a whole.
Not to mention that the low calorie of food can bring a significant drop in energy levels. Meanwhile, the maximum reduction that a person should suffer in their usual caloric intake is 1 thousand calories.
If we take into account that a person consumes between 2 thousand calories and, a thousand calories daily, to eat only lettuce for three days may cause the decrease to be easily greater than the reduction limit started.
With the reduction of 1000 calories, the body still works, however, can already make you feel tired, hungry and without energy, which makes the diet difficult to be sustained. Imagine then, what happens if this decrease is even greater?
Salad and meat diet
Another option of salad diet to lose weight is the salad diet and meat. As the name itself already delivers, it is a food program that provides for the consumption of only salads and food animal protein sources to lose weight.
This version of salad diet slims down if low-calorie ingredients are chosen for salad composition and lean sources of protein.
On the other hand, the method may bring some problems from the point of view of providing nutrients to the body. Fruits and vegetables that can come in the salad contain fiber, potassium, vitamin A and vitamin C, meats bring iron and vitamin B12 and sources of protein like fat fish and nonfat dairy products offer calcium.
However, since it is not a diet with a diversity of foods, it is not able to offer all the nutrients that the body required to function properly, which may bring about the need to make dietary supplementation with multivitamins and multiminerals.
For example, diet can generate a deficiency of other B-complex vitamins, which are found in fortified or enriched grains.
Example of menu for salad and meat diet
Here's an example of a menu for the meals of this salad diet:
- Breakfast:fat cottage cheese and a fruit salad with berries such as strawberry, raspberry and blackberry, grape, apple, pear and watermelon.
- Lunch:salad with green leafy vegetables, chopped raw vegetables, grilled chicken or canned tuna and a low calorie sauce.
- Dinner:vegetarian hamburger or grilled shrimp or fish and a follow-up green salad.
- Snacks:low fat string cheese or well-cooked egg.
According to Mayo Clinic, this type of salad diet slims quickly because it promotes the body's net weight loss. This is because the consumption of only proteins and salads, associated with a low carbohydrate intake, has a diuretic effect, that is, it causes the elimination of water present in the body.
Such an effect requires the care and need for a good daily water intake so that no dehydration occurs.
Another point to raise is that the diet is little varied, which can make the person dizzy quickly and can not follow it for a long time. Then, upon returning to normal eating habits, you will probably regain the weight you gained. Not to mention the possibility of nutritional deficiencies that we have already explained up there.
Salad and Egg Diet
One more diet version of salad for weight loss is found in a variety of egg diet. This is the traditional method, which consists of acquiring most of the proteins that will be offered to the body through the consumption of eggs.
In the diet program, the consumption of salads and vegetables with low carbohydrates can be done at will. Consumption of fruit should be one to two servings daily, while the intake of carbohydrate-rich foods such as breads, noodles and potatoes, is strictly limited.
The breakfast of the food plan should consist of two or more egg units, accompanied by grapefruit, low-carbohydrate vegetables and a lean source of protein.
Meanwhile, lunch and dinner need to bring in another serving of eggs or a small portion of lean source of protein like fish or chicken.
Just like the previous food program, the salad and egg diet carries the danger of not offering all the nutrients that the body needs to function perfectly. It is important to know that an insufficient intake of carbohydrates can cause problems such as fatigue, fatigue, dizziness, loss of muscle mass, and affect the functioning of the brain.
A review study by Japanese researchers concluded that, in the long run, people on low carbohydrate intake diets have a higher mortality rate.
Another study, this time by Swedish researchers, indicated that there is an increased risk of developing cardiovascular diseases in people adhering to food plans that determine the consumption of a lot of protein and little carbohydrate.
Another point to note is the amount of calories consumed in the diet. As we have explained above, a decrease of over 1000 calories in daily intake is not indicated and harms the body.
Fruit salad diet
The latest diet plan for the slimming salad promises to eliminate 3 kg in a range of only 7 days and brings the fruits as the main food group of meals. In addition, the menu allows the entry of seeds, toast, cheeses, chicken, eggs, seasonings, grains, cereals, vegetables, greens, vegetables, herbs, yogurt, fish, meat, milk, bread form and turkey breast.
The choice of fruits is justified due to the fact that the food varieties are rich in water and fiber, which offer satiety, and provide diuretic action, decreasing the swelling of the body that appears as a result of the retention of liquids.
Among the fruits most indicated for the diet are: pineapple, carambola, kiwi, watermelon, melon and pear.
Here are 5 examples of menus for the diet of the fruit salad, prepared by the nutritionist Roseli Rosi:
- Menu 1
- Breakfast:juice of ½ papaya, ½ cup of water and ½ tablespoon of flaked seed of linseed in the blender and 1 toast with 1 slice of cheese minas light.
- Snack:200 ml of orange juice with acerola without sugar.
- Lunch:1 dessert plate of lettuce, 1 tomato, 1 teaspoon fresh fennel, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons brown rice, 3 tablespoons cooked broccoli, 1 unsweetened baked skin and 1 Kiwi.
- Snack:1 small mango and 1 jar of fruit yogurt zero fat.
- Dinner:1 bowl of vegetable soup, 1 omelette with 1 egg, 2 egg whites, 1 chopped tomato and oregano to taste and 1 cashew.
- Supper:1 carambola.
- Menu 2
- Breakfast:1 vitamin with 2 tablespoons avocado, 1 tablespoon oat flakes and 1 jar of skim yogurt.
- Snack:1 pear.
- Lunch:1 dessert plate of watercress and lettuce, tomato, 2 tablespoons grated carrot, 2 tablespoons corn 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 piece of grilled fish, 2 tablespoons chopped chuchu and 1 slice of watermelon.
- Snack:6 units of grape italy 1 um Polenguinho light.
- Dinner:1 table of lettuce, 1 can of tuna to the natural, 2 tablespoons of peas, 1 thin slice of minced fresh cheese, 1 tomato ½ sliced cucumber, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 6 units of grape Italy.
- Supper:1 fig.
- Menu 3
- Breakfast:1 vitamin with 1 slice of melon, 1 cup of skim milk and 1 tablespoon of flaxseed, 1 whole toast and 1 slice of turkey breast.
- Snack:1 red guava.
- Lunch:1 dessert plate of lettuce, 1 tomato, 1 tablespoon cooked carrots, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons brown rice, 1 plate of chopped vegetables, 1 tablespoon minced meat and 8 strawberries
- Snack:1 banana-silver and 1 jar of zero fat fruit yogurt.
- Dinner:1 dessert plate of lettuce, 1 grated carrot, 1 tomato, 3 bouquets of cooked cauliflower, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 2 small pieces of roasted chicken without skin and 1 gossip.
- Supper:1 nectarine.
- Menu 4
- Breakfast:1 slice of papaya, 1 slice of light bread and 1 omelette with 1 egg, 1 chopped tomato, 1 teaspoon olive oil, salt to taste and oregano to taste.
- Snack:1 kiwi.
- Lunch:1 dessert plate of watercress, 1 tomato, 3 tablespoons grated raw beet, ½ raw sliced cucumber, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 ½ zucchini stuffed with ground beef and 1 slice of pineapple with lemon zest.
- Snack:1 green apple and 1 cup of skim milk.
- Dinner:1 plate of pumpkin cream soup with ricotta and 8 strawberries.
- Supper:1 fresh plum.
- Menu 5
- Breakfast:200 ml of orange juice, 1 slice of light bread and 1 slice of ricotta.
- Snack:1 juice with 1 cup lemon grass, ¼ raw carrot, 1 slice of pineapple, 1 stalk of celery and ½ cup of lemon juice coffee.
- Lunch:1 dessert plate of lettuce and arugula, 1 tomato, 2 tablespoons cooked chickpeas, 2 tablespoons cooked broccoli, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 grilled chicken fillet with vegetables and ½ boss.
- Snack:2 peaches and 1 jar of plain yogurt.
- Dinner:1 dessert plate of lettuce, 1 tomato, 1 tablespoon cooked carrot, 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 serving of vegetable omelet to the oven.
- Supper:1 peach.
It is important to know that the menus presented have 1100 calories per day, an amount that may be low and inadequate for some people. As we have already reported, the maximum reduction should be 1000 calories per day. So, these menus are not ideal for those who usually consume 2500 calories daily, for example.
Another problem may be for people who practice physical activity every day. See that physical workouts require energy to run and a low daily calorie intake can hurt.
So before following such menus, consult a nutritionist to find out if they are really suitable for you.
In short, before following any type of salad diet to slim down, just like all other diet programs, talk to your doctor and nutritionist before. They may indicate a method that will help you achieve your goals in a healthy way, at the same time time you provide the nutrients and energy that your body needs and does not harm your own body.
What do you think of these types of salad diet to lose weight? Which one had you heard of before? Have you thought about joining any of them? Comment below.(1votes, average:, 0of 5)