Does the medicine Pristiq lose weight? When we begin to take a medication, whether to treat a physical disorder or to deal with an emotional problem, it is It is normal for us to be a bit worried about the side effects that this medicine can bring to our body and to our body.
Will not this give me a headache, diarrhea or allergy? Or maybe such a substance can not change my body weight?
That is why before starting treatment with the medicine, it is important to research the reactions it can bring to the human body, talk to the doctor who prescribing the medication, asking all the questions you have and removing any doubts, and do not fail to read the important information contained in the package insert.
Today we will know more details about Pristiq. What is this product? Does Pristiq get fat or fat? Check below:
Manufactured by Wyeth Pharmaceutical Industry and authorized by the National Agency of Sanitary Surveillance (Anvisa) to be marketed in Brazil since 2008, the Pristiq remedy is indicated to treat cases of depression.
Pristiq you lose weight?
Among the side effects listed in the complete package insert is weight loss, which appears in the common occurrence category. This means that in the clinical study done with , 85 people who used 10 to 400 mg of the substance daily, between 1 and 10% of these participants experienced weight loss due to medicine.
We can see that despite the fact that the drug's chance of causing the weight loss is not so great and that the evidence from the experiment show that this will not be observed in all consumers of the product, it is possible to confirm yes that, in some cases, take Pristiq lose weight
- Does Paroxetine Fatten or Lose Weight?
- Does Olcadil Thin or Fatten?
- Fattening Atenolol? For What It Is and Side Effects
- Does Alprazolam get fat or lose weight?
In the same category of side effects is the loss of appetite, a factor that stimulates a lower consumption of calories and, consequently, a decrease in weight. Thus, we have one more aspect that evidences that the antidepressant can cause the slimming.
However, this does not mean that one should chase after the medicine solely for the purpose of weight loss. Firstly, because it is necessary to present a prescription to acquire the substance and secondly because its function is to treat cases of depression, not excess weight.
With this, taking the medication unnecessarily, just in the hope of losing weight, the person can end up harming your body when suffering from the effects side effects that the remedy brings and why you are not submitting your body to a healthy weight loss focused on balanced nutrition and exercise physicists.
Not to mention that since the weight-loss rate from the use of the medicine is not so high, the risks of not being able to eliminate weight with this medicine are not small. So our recommendation is that you use the antidepressant only if your doctor prescribes you as a tool to treat depression.
Does Pristiq get fat?
Clinical studies with Pristiq to verify its side effects have also shown that indices in relation to weight gain experienced by the patients who used it were low and that there was no significant weight gain search.
With this, we conclude that the chances that a person will gain weight by taking this antidepressant are small and that even if it is possible that this happens, it is likely that the gain is not great. This is an advantage for those who undergo this type of treatment, since weight gain may be a side effects of medications used to treat depression such as Citalopram, Fluoxetine or Sertraline.
The same experiments also identified that Pristiq brings a lower rate of loss of libido and treatment withdrawal when compared to other drugs in its class of drugs.
Other side effects
On the other hand, this does not mean that the antidepressant does not present other types of adverse reactions. In the list below you can check some of the possible side effects caused by the use of the drug:
- Dry mouth;
- Hyperhidrosis - excessive and unpredictable sweating;
- Tinnitus - ringing in the ears;
- Blurred vision;
- Mydriasis - dilation of the pupil;
- Feeling of nervousness;
- Elevation of blood pressure;
- Paresthesia - sensations like tingling, cold, heat or pressure on the skin;
- Dysgeusia - distortion or decreased taste;
- Transtrono of attention;
- Abnormal dreams;
- Anorgasmia - difficulty in obtaining orgasm;
- Erectile dysfunction;
- Late ejaculation;
- Skin rashes;
- Fog - a sudden sensation of heat waves through the body;
- Increased rate of cholesterol in the blood;
- Elevation of triglyceride level in blood;
- Abnormal liver function;
- Increased amount of the hormone prolactin in the blood;
- Musculoskeletal rigidity;
- Urinary hesitation and retention;
- Epistaxis - bleeding or bleeding from the nose;
- Alopecia - a condition that causes hair loss;
- Sexual dysfunction;
- Orthostatic hypotension - a disease characterized by a large drop in blood pressure;
- Hyponatremia - low sodium in the blood;
- Dystonia - involuntary movement that occurs in any region of the body in a localized way;
- Photosensitivity reaction;
- Angioedema - swelling similar to urticaria that occurs in the deeper layers of the skin.
A box containing 14 Pristiq tablets is between approximately $ 51 and $ 70. Already the packaging with 28 tablets of the antidepressant is between around $ 113 and $ 137.
Has your doctor prescribed Pristiq to treat antidepressant problems, and are you afraid to get fat or lose weight? Has anyone known and used Pristiq to lose weight? Comment below!(184votes, average:, 9of 5)